PARIS – A 32-year-old French geographer is trying to revive the French car brand Amilcar as a low-volume, hand-built sports car. So far he has spent about $400,000 on engineering and a mold for the carbon fiber exterior. Now he has reached the stage that halts many automotive dreams: He needs more capital to prepare a running prototype. Amilcar was a French sports car that made a good name for itself at race courses between the two world wars, but recessions in 1927 and the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Geographer Labors to Revive Offbeat European Marque" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.