MUMBAI ‚Äď German auto makers are waging the same pitched battle for the luxury market in India as they do in the U.S. and Europe. Mercedes-Benz India Ltd. and BMW India Ltd. are the main rivals, with Audi AG a latecomer still bringing up the rear. Yet, they all share one goal: attracting young professionals with disposable incomes to their brand. And the pie is not that big. BMW and Mercedes ended the fiscal-year here on March 31 with 3,941 and 3,760 sales, respectively. Audi remains ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"German Luxury Brands Aiming for India‚Äôs Young Professionals" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.