Volkswagen AG confirms it will build the 4-door version of the Continental GT at its “Glass Factory” plant in Dresden, Germany, home of the Volkswagen Phaeton. The move marks the first time in the British brand’s storied history that a Bentley-badged vehicle will be built outside of the U.K. VW says Bentley’s plant in Crewe, U.K., also will produce the 4-door model, but overflow production will be sent to Dresden. The decision halts plans to add another shift at the Crewe facility, while ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Germany Plant to Build Bentley" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.