A comprehensive report from a European Union think tank praises Germany‚Äôs handling of the current recession, citing the success of its car-scrappage scheme for propping up the market and preventing permanent job cuts in the auto industry. ‚ÄúRecent Restructuring Trends and Policies in the Automotive Sector,‚ÄĚ a study released by Dublin-based EU agency the European Foundation for the Improvement of Living and Working Conditions, also explains how Germany‚Äôs entrenched short-term job sharing and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Germany‚Äôs Handling of Auto Recession Draws Praise" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.