Believe it or not, there’s a big group of suppliers out there that still have a lock on auto maker business, even though they are terribly inefficient and their costs are spiraling out of control. These suppliers account for as much as $1,400 of the cost of a U.S.-built vehicle – more than the cost of the steel. Their inventory and process controls are archaic, their billing systems are out of date and their relations with their customers, employees and labor unions aren’t good. Despite ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Get Health-Care Suppliers Lean" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.