When was the last time you used a key to open your car door? If you can’t remember, then you probably won’t be surprised to learn that the installation rate for remote keyless entry systems on U.S. cars has risen from 10% to 70% during the past 10 years. Now the technology in the familiar key fob is taking another step forward. Some new luxury cars don’t need keys at all. They have what’s called passive keyless entry. Your key is an electronic wafer about the size of a credit card that ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Get Ready to Say Goodbye to Car Keys" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.