STUTTGART – Getrag GmbH & Cie KG, the German manual transmission specialist, has seven contracts to produce dual-clutch transmissions (DCTs) for vehicle projects launching between 2007 and 2010. The transmissions, pioneered by Volkswagen AG and Audi AG in 2003, rapidly will displace both manual and conventional (torque-converter) automatic transmissions in the market over the next 10 years, Getrag Executive Vice President Bernd Eckl says. Getrag also has five additional contracts ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Getrag Bets Big on Dual-Clutch Technology" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.