LAS VEGAS – The Bush Admin. is fiddling while the U.S. auto industry burns, United Auto Workers President Ron Gettelfinger tells the union’s 34th constitutional convention here. Noting increased competition has forced Detroit-based General Motors Corp. and Ford Motor Co. to announce the closure of dozens of plants, displacing tens of thousands of UAW members, Gettelfinger derides Bush for failing to respond. “It’s time to level the playing field,” Gettelfinger says, pounding the podium ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Gettelfinger: Washington Hostile to Auto Industry, Workers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.