PARIS – The CEO of Renault SA and Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. sees a dreary midterm future for Europe’s automobile industry, with serious worries on both the cost and revenue side of the ledger. Renault is paying €1 billion ($1.6 billion) more for steel this year than three years ago, the equivalent of half the profits the auto maker has earned in that time, says Carlos Ghosn at a recent meeting of economists in Southern France. He also predicts a difficult fourth quarter for France, one of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ghosn Forecasts Bleak Midterm for European Auto Makers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.