NEW YORK – Carlos Ghosn, chairman and CEO of the Renault SA-Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. Alliance, predicts electric vehicles will account for 10% of the vehicle market by 2020, but they won't be coming from startup firms. “The public is not going to buy electric vehicles from small companies,” he says. The Brazilian-born auto executive says consumers will not be willing to take a chance with new technology produced by untried vehicle manufacturers. He declines to comment on whether this ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ghosn Says EVs to Complement Conventional Cars, Not Replace Them" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.