DETROIT â€“ CEO Carlos Ghosn slams the door on any chance of a third partner joining the Renault (SA)-Nissan (Motor Co. Ltd.) Alliance â€“ at least near term. Both in a speech here to the Detroit Economic Club and in a subsequent meeting with reporters, Ghosn emphasizes the â€śtiming isnâ€™t rightâ€ť to expand the Alliance. He says he came to that conclusion during this summerâ€™s exploratory talks with General Motors Corp., when GMâ€™s stock price rose and Nissanâ€™s and Renaultâ€™s fell on news of the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ghosn Slams Shut Alliance Door â€“ For Now" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.