Fiat Auto SpA announces it will call its new supermini car the Panda, instead of Gingo, a name used on the concept version of the car shown at the Geneva motor show earlier this year. The decision was made after Renault SA threatened legal action on the grounds that Gingo was too close to Twingo and would confuse the marketplace. But Fiat also says it decided to stick with the Panda name because of its rich history. The Panda moniker has been used by Fiat for more than 20 years and is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Gingo Gives Way to Panda Name at Fiat" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.