Fiat SpA expects to see a significant increase in Russian sales this year, published reports say, as the country's financial health continues to recover. The automaker last year sold 619 cars in Russia, up from 890 in 1999. Fiat says it is continuing talks with Russian partner OAO GAZ regarding a manufacturing joint venture. ▪ Argentina governors from three major car-producing provinces plan to ask the government to cut taxes on cars to help lower prices by 30%. Car sales fell nearly 20% ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Global Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.