Fiat Auto SpA’s chief executive says it may cut back its 2001 passenger car sales forecast and scale back production after terrorist attacks in the U.S. The Italian automaker had expected to sell between 2.5 million and 2.7 million cars this year, up from 2.5 million in 2000. Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. may have plans to build small cars in a Mercedes-Benz factory in Juiz de Fora, Mina Gerais state, Brazil, a published report says. The plant currently is operating well below capacity and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Global Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.