Lawyers are mounting a legal case to get Hyundai Motor Group Chairman Chung Mong-koo released on bail, a Hyundai insider tells Ward’s. “We hope to have our center player back among us very soon,” the source says. “There is some kind of statutory minimum stay involved, and so it will be at least 10-15 days, but we expect to get him back soon.” Chung was arrested by South Korean police April 28 on charges of embezzlement and misappropriation. He is being held at the Seoul Detention Center, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Glovis Chief Says Slush Funds Delivered to Chung; Lawyers Seek Bail" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.