High levels of vehicle inventory at General Motors Corp. will be beneficial during the fall selling season, a company executive says. However, GM introduces a new national marketing program effective June 3-July 7 that builds on May incentives by increasing financing terms from 60 months to 72 months and upping cash spiffs from $3,000 to $4,000 for some models. Advertising supporting the new incentives hit June 5. GM sales totaled 431,540 units in May, up 4.1% from the 399,171 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM: 2nd Half Economy, Fall Selling Season Should Handle Inventories" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.