PHILADELPHIA – General Motors Corp. is committing $50 billion to a 5-year product program in which 77 new models will be launched, Ron Pniewski, vice president-product, tells Ward’s at the auto show here. "Our long-term product plan is fully funded," he says. Capital investments in tooling, equipment and prototype parts make up half of that total. New Pontiac Torrent to help lead sales. The plan emerged from deliberations by GM’s North Amercia strategy board members that sometimes ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM in $50 Billion New-Product Launch" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.