General Motors Corp. plans to offer 4-wheel steering on its '03 model fullsize pickups and sport/utility vehicles as a way to make them more maneuverable. GM will offer the roughly $2,000 to $3,000 option on its '03 model Suburban and 3/4 ton Silverado/Sierra pickups. Whether consumers would be willing to pay that much for such an option on a truck is unknown, but it was high costs that helped hamper earlier attempts at 4-wheel steering on Japanese cars in the early 1990s. GM's truck ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM to Add 4-Wheel Steering to '03 Trucks" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642