General Motors Corp. plans to offer 4-wheel steering on its 2003-model full-size pickups and sport/utility vehicles (SUVs) as a way to make them more maneuverable. GM will offer the roughly $2,000 to $3,000 option on its 2003-model Suburban and Silverado/Sierra 2500 pickups. Whether consumers would be willing to pay that much for such an option on a truck is unknown, but it was high costs that helped hamper earlier attempts at 4-wheel steering on Japanese cars in the early 1990s. GM's ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM to add Delphi 4-wheel steering to trucks" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.