JOHANNESBURG, South Africa – General Motors Corp. is negotiating with Delta Motor Corp. here to bolster its 49% stake in the company to a majority holding. Willie van Wyk, Delta South Africa managing director, says the talks first began in September 2001 but were shelved as a result of uncertainty created by global events at the time. He says both parties now have signed a letter of intent confirming the re-start of negotiations. A Delta spokeswoman says GM is looking to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Aiming for Majority Stake in South African Car Maker" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.