SEOUL – Two years ago, General Motors Corp. offered an initial bid of nearly $5 billion to acquire Daewoo Motor Co. Ltd. in a global auction process. On April 26, GM reached final agreement with Daewoo on selected assets of the insolvent Korean auto maker for a mere $251 million. See a chronology of events in the GM/Daewoo Deal That investment will give GM 42% of the assets being acquired and provide solid control of a new company to be formed, while unnamed alliance partners will ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Asia Chief Discusses Details of Daewoo Deal" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.