General Motors Corp.’s GM-Avtovaz Russian joint venture will increase daily output of the Chevrolet Niva SUV from 35-40 units daily to 70-80. Reports say a 2-shift workday will be instituted to accommodate the increase in production. GM-Avtovaz has said it wants to produce 35,000 SUVs this year. It is planning on adding a third shift at the Moscow facility in August, which will bring daily output to 120 vehicles. A new paint shop also will open at the JV April 2.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM-Avtovaz Ups Niva Output" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.