DETROIT – General Motors Corp. reports net income of $228 million, or $0.57 per share, on revenue of $44.3 billion in the year’s first quarter, which includes special items and Hughes Electronics Corp. That compares with $237 million, or $0.53 per share a year earlier. Excluding the special items and Hughes, income leaps to $791 million, or $1.39 diluted earnings per share, compared with year-ago earnings of $321 million on revenue of $40.7 billion. The charges include a $407 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Beats 1Q Expectations, Before Charge" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.