WIXOM, MI – It’s not everyday that 638 hp materializes in your hands. But for General Motors Corp., the human element is an integral part of the ’09 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1, the fastest, most-powerful and most-expensive vehicle in the auto maker’s storied history. When the car goes on sale this fall at a starting point of $103,300, the ZR1’s supercharged LS9 6.2L V-8 will launch it to 60 mph (97 km/h) in 3.4 seconds and pull it through the quarter mile in 11.3 seconds at 131 mph (211 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Begins Hand-Assembly of LS9 V-8 at PBC" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.