General Motors Corp.’s board of directors gives management the go-ahead to move ahead with “exploratory discussions” with Renault SA of France and Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. of Japan for a 3-way global alliance. The decision, reached during a regularly scheduled teleconference late today, comes exactly one week after the proposal was brought to light by billionaire investor Kirk Kerkorian, whose Tracinda Corp. controls 9.9% of GM stock. It also brings closer to reality the prospect of Renault ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Board OKs Management Review of Renault-Nissan Alliance" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.