NEW YORK – General Motors Corp.’s Ft. Wayne, IN, plant is stepping up production of fullsize hybrid pickups, as it looks to reach a targeted 500 units for use in a limited commercial-fleet demonstration. Gary White, vehicle line executive-fullsize trucks, says there are already about 150 units in operation. Chevrolet Silverado Production will start this fall to expand availability of the mild hybrid Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra pickups in ’05, as it targets ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Boosts Hybrid Truck Production" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.