SAO PAULO – General Motors do Brasil Ltda. is discovering the best way to reduce losses when exchange rates are unfavorable is to ship its export vehicles as complete-knocked-down (CKD) kits. GM Brazil is the only domestic auto maker here to use one plant exclusively to package CKD kits. The factory, located in Sao Jose dos Campos, exports Corsa, Astra and Montana models. Chevrolet Celta The auto maker’s recently saw a deal to ship 11,000 cars fall through with Mexico, its largest ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Brazil to Increase Export of CKD Kits" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.