SAO PAULO – General Motors do Brasil Ltda. has invested $240 million to launch a new model called Prisma this year that will compete in the small-car market. Derived from the Celta compact, the vehicle will be manufactured in Gravatai, Rio Grande do Sul, which the auto maker called the most efficient GM factory in the world when it was inaugurated in 2000. The auto maker plans to increase production capacity at the plant from 120,000 to 230,000 units annually to accommodate the new car. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Brazil to Launch Prisma Small Car" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.