SAO PAULO -- General Motors Corp. surpasses Volkswagen AG in Brazil for second place in sales in Brazil for the first time in recent history. GM sold 30,032 vehicles compared with Volkswagen’s 28,603. VW has been the market leader for 41 years, but strikes at its Sao Bernardo plant have resulted in serious production cutbacks. Fiat Auto SpA in recent months also surpassed VW and now is in the No.1 spot, with 36,775 vehicles sold in November. A wave of sales promotions and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Brazil Passes VW in Sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.