SAO PAULO – General Motors do Brasil Ltda. would like to build a new model car at its Celta car plant in Rio Grande do Sul. The auto maker has contacted the governor of the state, Germano Rigotto, to discuss tax incentives. The factory in Gravatai builds the Celta subcompact car and is considered the most modern GM plant in the world. (see related story: GM launches new Blue Macaw car plant in Brazil) Analysts say GM will produce another model based on the Celta but with a 1.4L ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Brazil Seeks to Build More Powerful Celta" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.