WILLOW RUN, MI – Confirming its promise to develop premium drivetrain components that compete with the world’s best, General Motors Corp. announces it will build an advanced 6-speed automatic transmission at a former WWII bomber-making plant here. Six-speed automatic earmarked for upscale GM cars and light trucks. The new Hydra-Matic 6-speed automatic, says Homi Patel, vice president and general manager-manufacturing operations for GM Powertrain, is earmarked for “up-level ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM to Build New 6-Speed Automatic in Michigan" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642