General Motor Corp. says it will construct a new rollover test facility at its Milford, MI, proving grounds. The new facility is the centerpiece of a $33 million investment GM says it will make in state-of-the-art crash-testing capability. The $10 million test center will be used to develop rollover-sensing systems for airbags and design occupant protection systems that reduce the likelihood of passenger ejection in a crash. GM says the facility will open late next year and will ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM to Build Rollover Test Facility" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.