General Motors Corp. is calling back 199,793 ’99 model Buick Century and Regal sedans due to defective headlamps. The recall, prompted by the National Highway Traffic Safety Admin., stems from the cars’ headlamps, which the agency says do not provide enough light to see overhead road signs at night. GM will install new low-beam headlamp bulbs in the cars.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Calls Back Nearly 200,000 Century/Regal Sedans" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.