General Motors Corp. and the shareholders and creditors of a Daewoo Motor Co. Ltd. engine joint venture in China have called off talks for GM to purchase the venture. GM reportedly was interested in purchasing the $228 million JV plant in Yantai, Shangdong province, but a spokeswoman tells Reuters talks have ended, without further elaboration. The 50/50 JV was set up in 1999 between the Shangdong government and Daewoo. It can produce 240,000 engines and transmissions annually. Daewoo ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Calls Off Daewoo China Talks" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.