General Motors Co. and CAMI Automotive Inc., GM’s Ingersoll, ON, Canada, joint-venture with Suzuki Motor Corp., are boosting fourth-quarter production by a combined 19,000 units. The hike is due to lower-than expected dealer stocks and strong demand for new ’10-model Chevrolet and GMC cross/utility vehicles. Compared with the 597,000 cars and trucks in GM’s fourth-quarter slate two weeks ago, the auto maker now expects to build 606,000 vehicles in its North American plants for a 1.5% ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM, CAMI Hike Fourth-Quarter Production" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.