General Motors Corp. says it will not be going ahead with plans to merge its Hughes Electronics Corp. with EchoStar Communications Corp. GM says the merger was canceled because it could not be completed within the allotted timeline due to objections. The Federal Communications Commission, along with 23 U.S. states, the Dept. of Justice and the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico all took exception to the proposed merger, blocking it for fear it would create a monopoly in the U.S. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Cancels Hughes/EchoStar Merger" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.