NEW YORK – General Motors does not intend to speed up the launch of additional new products after advancing the Chevy Malibu by some four months, Chairman and CEO Dan Akerson says. Particularly in no danger of being sped up is development of the auto maker’s next-generation fullsize trucks. “(Trucks) would not be a program we would move up in a (gasoline) mileage-sensitive market,” Akerson tells Ward’s on the sidelines of the National Automobile Dealers Assn. and IHS Automotive ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM CEO Says Chevy Malibu End of Product Pull-Aheads" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.