General Motors Corp. officials are declining comment on whether Chairman John F. Smith Jr. met privately last week with South Korea President Kim Dae-Jung to discuss possible acquisition of Daewoo Motor Co. Ltd. GM has been in serious discussions on a possible takeover of the bankrupt automaker since September. Mr. Smith was scheduled to introduce Mr. Kim as a guest speaker at a business luncheon in Chicago on Friday, March 9. The event was hosted by the Mid America Committee and the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Chairman, S. Korean President Meet" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.