MELBOURNE — General Motors Corp.'s top executive officer, G. Richard Wagoner Jr., makes a two-day visit to familiarize himself with Holden Ltd. during a quick tour of GM's Asian/Pacific operations. Australia's solid economic fundamentals, he believes, should insulate it from the flow-on effects of the Asian financial crisis. “Things may slow down a little here, but I don't see any reason why they should fall off track,” Wagoner says. Holden, he adds, will play a significant role in GM's ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM chief says Holden's exports to increase" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.