DETROIT – As General Motors Corp. boosts engineering muscle in China, a GM vehicle designed in China, assembled in China and sold strictly for Chinese consumers no longer is a far-flung concept. “I think we’re a lot further on that path than people think,” says Kevin Wale, president and managing director-GM China Group, during a recent press briefing here. Wale does not provide a timetable on such a vehicle. However, he says GM expects to grow its 1,200-employee Pan Asia Technical ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"As GM China Grows, So Does Competition" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.