BEIJING – General Motors Corp. has signed off on its first globally designed passenger car, now said to be making its way through the prototype stage. The all-new Buick was designed with input from China, the U.S. and Australia and will be launched simultaneously in China and North America. The Chinese and American Buicks will boast virtually 100% parts commonality, consolidating purchasing worldwide and improving the vehicle’s profitability. The car is a result of collaboration ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM China, U.S. Studios Collaborate on Upcoming Buick" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.