General Motors Corp. no longer will offer Vortec V-6 engines with different power ratings for its S-Series compact pickups beginning with 2000 models. Currently, GM's compact pickups are available with the 4.3L OHV V-6 (LF6/L35) as standard on 4-wheel-drive models, and 2-wheel-drive models offer the LF6/L35 as an option. The LF6 configuration develops less power and torque than the same 4.3L engine that is designated L35. Also, 2-wheel-drive models with the L35 enjoy lower power ratings ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM chops small-truck V-6 choices" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.