General Motors Corp. and Chrysler LLC would be willing to explore an all-out merger as a condition of any federal loans, top executives at the two auto makers tell the Senate Banking Committee in testimony today. “We would be very willing to look at it,” GM CEO Rick Wagoner says, adding he would want to work it through with United Auto Workers union President Ron Gettelfinger, who opposes a merger in concern over potential job losses. “We would look at it very seriously.” Chrysler CEO ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM, Chrysler Willing to Merge, CEOs Tell Congress" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.