DETROIT – Despite the American public’s growing interest in small cars, General Motors Corp. will launch the all-new Chevrolet Cruze compact car in Europe almost a full year ahead of its debut in the U.S. Ed Peper, GM North America vice president-Chevrolet, says the strategy is based on a desire to maintain the brand’s momentum overseas and preserve an orderly product cadence at home. Manufacturing capacity was not a factor in determining Europe will benefit from a March 2009 Cruze ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Cites Busy Year at Chevy for Curious Cruze Timetable" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.