ADELAIDE – Retiring Holden Ltd. Chairman and Managing Director Peter Hanenberger says a decision by parent General Motors Corp. on using Holden's rear-wheel-drive platform in the U.S. and European markets could be made in the next month. "We have now a 6-cyl. high-tech engine that we are providing for GM throughout the world," he says on Australian television. "We have large cars, rear-wheel driven, with 6- and 8-cyl. engines and vehicles (that) could create a fantastic platform." ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Close to Decision On Holden RWD Platform for U.S., Europe" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.