Larry Zahner, head of General Motors Corp.'s Asia/Pacific manufacturing operations, is back in South Korea, fueling rumors that GM may be getting close to making a bid for bankrupt Daewoo Motor Co. Ltd. Sources tell Ward's an offer likely will come this month. Joining Mr. Zahner is a high-profile GM corporate attorney from Detroit, who informed sources say has been assigned to Korea for a three-year period to serve as “chief legal counsel for the new entity.” Plus, two human resources ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Close to Offer for Daewoo?" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.