DETROIT – General Motors Corp. is considering building a van version of its Chevy SSR retro roadster pickup, Ward’s has learned. Codenamed GMT369, industry sources say the SSR van likely will be built at GM’s Lansing, MI, Craft Centre assembly plant that currently is gearing up to build the SSR. GM considers a van version of the SSR. “Nothing has been signed, sealed and delivered. But this (the SSR van) is more than just an urban legend,” a source says. Described as “racy” ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Considering SSR Van" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.