General Motors Corp. is considering putting Allison Transmission on the sales block, among other strategic options for the subsidiary, as the auto maker attempts to increase its cash position. Allison provides transmissions for GM’s heavy-duty trucks and commercial vehicles and also designs and manufactures automatic transmissions for other vehicle makers, including for buses and military vehicles. A GM spokeswoman says the auto maker is not in discussions with potential buyers and has ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Considers Selling Allison Transmission" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.