Even as DaimlerChrysler Corp. continues to wrestle with further cuts to its January-March output plans, General Motors Corp., facing a whopping 104 days' supply of U.S. inventory, last week whacked another 103,500 units from its first-quarter build schedule (see Ward's Automotive Reports — Dec. 4, '00, p.6), much of it in January. GM's revised January-March output plan calls for 1,283,000 completions, down 7.5% from the prior figure of 1,386,500, and 13.6%, or 202,600 units, below ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Cuts Q1 Plan; Output Down 13.6% vs. '01" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.