General Motors Corp.’s Spring Hill, TN, plant will cut its workforce from three crews to two Sept. 7 due to slow sales of the Ion small car, Ward’s learns. “GM management has decided to remove a shift at Spring Hill to better align production output of the Saturn Ion with demand,” a GM spokesman confirms. Saturn Ion The roughly 300 to 400 United Auto Workers Local 1853 union members affected by GM’s decision will be offered early retirement packages or reassigned. Terms of the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Cutting Workforce at Spring Hill Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.